Moyes could sell Pienaar-epl


Everton manager David Moyes has conceded he may be forced to sell Steven Pienaar in January.

Moyes admitted the club need reinforcements up front after drawing another blank in the goalless draw against Wigan Athletic at the weekend and selling Pienaar would free up funds.

The Toffees have struggled for goals this season with Louis Saha, who started against Wigan Athletic, yet to score in the Barclays Premier League since last February.

Pienaar is out of contract in the summer and as yet has failed to agree a new deal at Goodison Park.

A number of clubs are thought to be trailing the South African schemer and Moyes could decide to cash in on the midfielder rather than risk losing him for nothing in the summer.

However, Moyes admits he is likely to be forced to look to the loan market to bring in a new forward next month.

"It may well come to it in the January transfer window that we have to consider selling Pienaar to raise money, because he is out of contract in the summer," said Moyes.

"But we know we need a striker, and realistically, the sort of money we will raise through that route, what type of player is it going to buy for us in the January market.

"The sort of money I'd raise, I don't think it will attract the type of player we need, the type of player we are looking for to provide the goals.

"The sort of money it will cost, I don't think selling a player will solve that particular problem, and it is probably a reality that we will have to look at bringing in a loan player, that it will be the loan market we will need to look at to provide some sort of solution."

Read More

Allardyce leaves Blackburn-epl


Blackburn Rovers have confirmed manager Sam Allardyce has left the club with immediate effect.

The new owners of the club, Venky's Group has sacked the former Bolton Wanderers and Newcastle United manager following the side's 2-1 defeat away to the Trotters on Sunday.

Allardyce took over from Paul Ince as Rovers manager in December 2008, and this season has led the club to 13th in the Barclays Premier League.

Allardyce's assistant Neil McDonald will also depart, with first team coach Steve Kean stepping into the breach temporarily.

A statement on the club's official website read: "The Venky's Group, owners of Blackburn Rovers Football Club, has today confirmed the departure of manager Sam Allardyce and assistant manager Neil McDonald with immediate effect.

"First team coaching duties will be taken on by Steve Kean (currently 1st team coach) for the immediate future.

"We have taken this decision as part of our wider plans and ambitions for the club. We would like to put on record our thanks to Mr Allardyce for his contribution to Blackburn Rovers Football Club."

Allardyce said in a statement released by the League Managers Association: "I am very shocked and disappointed to be leaving Blackburn Rovers.

"I am extremely proud to have managed this club and I enjoyed a fantastic relationship with the players, my staff and the supporters during my time in charge.

"I now wish them and the football club every success for the future."

Read More

Manchester United 1-0 Arsenal-epl


Manchester United returned to the top of the table after a 1-0 win over Arsenal.

Ji-Sung Park's first-half header sent United two points clear at the Barclays Premier League summit.

The South Korean's effort was enough to secure a deserved victory over Arsenal.

In fact, Wayne Rooney wasted a golden chance to ease home nerves when he ballooned a penalty over 17 minutes from time.

Read More

Carroll: I'm staying put-epl


Newcastle United striker Andy Carroll has vowed to stay with the club.

The 21-year-old credited former manager Chris Hughton for helping him make an impact on the Barclays Premier League this season and was disappointed with his sacking last week.

However, the marksman - whose 10 goals this season resulted in an England call-up for last month's match against France - has vowed to stay with Newcastle.

He said: "I'm just going to go out there and carry on doing what I have been doing.

"I've always worked towards being where I am now and want to stay here - it's as simple as that.

"Chris has been absolutely fantastic with me. He stuck by me through a lot and helped me on and off the field.

"All I can say is that I appreciate everything that he has done for me. He's helped me become the player I am now.

"He's gone now, and I just need to keep working on what he's taught me, and with the new manager (Alan Pardew), I've got to listen to him."

Read More

Hodgson hoping for Gerrard return-epl


Roy Hodgson is hoping Steven Gerrard can start training with a view to making his comeback at Fulham this week.

The Reds skipper has been absent since injuring a hamstring on 17th November in England's friendly defeat to France. The match against Fulham was earmarked as a likely date for his return and that remains the case, although Hodgson will insist he gets some training under his belt beforehand.

"Steven's on track for the weekend," Hodgson said. "He's worked very hard to get back and Steven and Jamie Carragher are the type who hate not playing. Steven has been determined to get back as quickly as possible and the physios are happy with him and he feels quite good."

Hodgson is adamant he won't take any risks with his star man, however.

Read More

Neymar won't join Chelsea in Jan-espn


Santos wonderkid Neymar's agent Wagner Ribeiro says there is no chance of his client moving to Chelsea in January.

The 18-year-old is regarded as Brazil's next big thing, with a host of Europe's biggest clubs reported to be in the hunt for his signature.

Neymark was linked with a move to Chelsea last summer but there has so far been no concrete bid for the player, who has won two senior caps.

Ribeiro has been speaking to Blues agent Pini Zahavi in Brazil, but insisted the Israeli had only travelled to escape the cold and that the two were friends.

"Zahavi is a personal friend and only travelled to Brazil to escape from the European winter," Ribeiro told lancenet.come.br.

"The chance that Neymar will leave Santos for Chelsea in this season (2011) are zero per cent.

"Neymar wants to play the Copa Libertadores with Santos.

"If we wanted go abroad, he wouldn't have even been here, I speak every day with Santos' chairman and I can say that Neymar won't go anywhere until the 2012 Olympics."

Read More

Lampard: Chelsea slump over-espnstar


Frank Lampard feels Chelsea may just have turned the corner after a harrowing few weeks.

The Blues have slipped down to fourth in the Barclays Premier League after their worst run of domestic form in a decade, their last victory coming against Fulham on November 10.

However, but for a stoppage-time penalty miss from Didier Drogba in last Sunday's 1-1 draw at Tottenham, Chelsea would have been back to winning ways.

Lampard has been out for three and a half months after hernia problems, but returned to action as a late substitute against Spurs.

Chelsea showed plenty of the spirit which had taken them to the title last season when dragging themselves back into the game.

With a titanic clash against leaders Manchester United at Stamford Bridge this Sunday, Lampard feels the mood in the camp is positive.

"Every season you have patches and ups and downs and hopefully this is one to get out the way early and refocus," the England midfielder said on Chelsea TV.

"It is easy for me not being involved to sit back and say it has been really bad, but it is a difficult league and we started off like a house on fire.

"We have had a bit of a hiccup and maybe we stopped doing the things that made us so good early in the season.

"Hopefully the Spurs game was a bit of a turning point.

"We worked hard, we grafted, we showed spirit and we were strong. We take that into this week."

Lampard is set to take part in a friendly later this week and, if all goes well, the England midfielder would expect to start against United.

Read More